ESSENTIAL AMINO ACIDS
Below is a list of all the essential amino acids. Remember these aminos must be gained through diet.
• Histidine - Histidine is a component of haemoglobin (red blood cells) used by the body to fight against rheumatoid arthritis, allergic diseases, ulcers & anemia. A deficiency of histidine may cause issue with hearing.
• Isoleucine and Leucine – Both of these amino acids provide manufacturing components for essential biochemicals the body uses to utilize the production of energy and upper brain stimulants.
• Lysine – Lysine is key in the proper absorption of calcium. It helps to form collagen (component of bone, cartilage and connective tissues). It also aids in the production of antibodies, hormones & enzymes. Lysine may be effective against herpes by improving the balance of nutrients that reduce viral growth. A deficiency may result in tiredness, inability to concentrate, irritability, bloodshot eyes, , hair loss, anaemia & reproductive problems.
• Methionine - Methionine lowers cholesterol by increasing the liver's production of lecithin and reduces fat deposits in the liver. It can also help prevent disorders of the hair, skin and nails. It protects the kidneys and acts as a natural detox agent for heavy metals. Methionine regulates the formation of ammonia and creates ammonia-free urine thereby reducing bladder irritation. It also helps in healthy hair growth.
• Phenylalanine - Phenylalanine plays a key role in the production of Norepinephrine, which is used for the transmission of signals between nerve cells and the brain. It helps regulates hunger, acts as an antidepressant and improves memory and mental alertness.
• Threonine - Threonine promotes efficient functionality of the digestive system and metabolism. It is a component of collagen, Elastin, and enamel protein and helps to reduce liver fat deposits.
• Tryptophan – Tryptophan reduces the risk of cardiovascular spasms and acts as a relaxant. It alleviates insomnia, prevents migraines, and reduces anxiety and depression. It also promotes proper immune system function. Tryptophan Works in conjunction with Lysine to lower cholesterol levels.
• Valine - Promotes mental health, muscle coordination and emotions.