Fun facts: Iodine occurs in nature in the inorganic and organic compounds. It can also be found in the free state in the air, falling into the water and soil from atmospheric.
• Iodine is the main component of the thyroid gland, as a member of its hormones.
• Hormones containing iodine stimulate growth and development of the body.
• Iodine hormones like Thyroxine and triiodothyronine Stimulate the breakdown of cholesterol and aid in the regulation of the cardiovascular system.
• Helps to regulate the exchange of heat and energy.
• Assists in enhancing the oxidation of proteins, fats and carbohydrates.
• Organic iodine contained in seaweed is better absorbed by the body and lasts longer than iodine-containing drugs.
Iodine is a micro-nutrient.
Or-ways products that contain Iodine
Click links to go the product page.
% used are based on 19+ year old requirments
Prunes (100g = 13mcg 9% RDI)
Bladderwrack (Available soon)
Kelp (100g = 55.1mg 3670% RDA)
Black Maca (100g = 520mcg 63% RDA)
Maca (100g = 520mcg 63% RDA)
Red Maca (100g = 520mcg 63% RDA)
Irish moss (Available soon)
Other good sources of Iodine
Potatoes,Prunes,Bananas, Corn, Strawberries, Sea Vegetables.