Fun fact: Potassium is present in every tissue in the body! It’s required for normal cell functionality.
• Around 90% of digested potassium is absorbed and used to maintain normal intracellular and extracellular (presents inside and outside cells) concentrations.
• Helps to regulate fluids and mineral balance in and out of cells.
• Potassium helps maintain normal blood pressure by slowing the effect of sodium.
• Aids in muscle contractions.
• Potassium helps the body to put the proteins you eat to work, to build cells, bones and muscles.
• Essential for kidney regulation. This affects the regulation of fluid balance throughout the body.
• Plays an important role in brain and nerve function and metabolic pathways. (Metabolism functions).
Potassium is a macro-nutrient.
Or-ways products that contain Potassium
Click links to go the product page.
% used are based on 19+ year old requirments
mg = milligrams
mcg = micrograms
Potassium ( % based on 3500mg RNI)
Elderberries (100g = 280mg 6% RNI)
Figs (100g = 680mg 19% RNI)
Golden berries (100g = 1200mg 34% RNI)
Medjool Dates (100g = 696mg 19% RNI)
Prunes (100g = 732mg 21% RNI)
Chamomile (Available soon)
Eyebright (Available soon)
Mullien (Available soon)
Nettles (Available soon)
Raspberry leaf (Available soon)
Amaranth (100g cooked = 135mg 4% RNI)
Teff (100g cooked = 107mg 2% RNI)
Black Quinoa (100g cooked = 172mg 5% RNI)
Red Quinoa (100g cooked = 172mg 5% RNI)
White Quinoa (100g cooked = 172mg 5% RNI)
Almonds (100g = 733mg 16% RNI)
Brazil nuts (100g = 659mg 14% RNI)
Walnuts (100g = 441mg 9% RNI)
Chickpeas (100g = 291mg 12% RNI)
Beluga Lentils (100g = 955mg 30% RNI)
Brown Lentils (100g = 369mg 9% RNI )
Green lentils (100g = 955mg 30% RNI)
Red Lentils (100g = 955mg 30% RNI)
Baobab (100g = 1980mg 45% RNI)
Cayenne Pepper (100g = 2014mg 58% RNI)
Black Maca (100g = 2050mg 60% RNI)
Maca (100g = 2050mg 60% RNI)
Red Maca (100g = 2050mg 60% RNI)
Chia seeds (100g = 407mg 9% RNI)
Hemp seeds (100g = 859mg 16% RNI)
Black Sesame seeds (100g = 468mg 9% RNI)
White Sesame seeds. (100g = 468mg 9% RNI)
Other good sources of Potassium
white beans, prunes, raisins, tomatoes, squash, dark leafy greens, baked potatoes, dried apricots, acorn squash, avocados, mushrooms, nuts, and bananas.