Did you know?
All of our products are certified organic GB-04-ORG
Alfalfa leaf (Medicago sativa) is said to have originated in south-central Asia and was first cultivated in ancient Iran. Alfalfa also goes by the name Lucerne which is commonly used in the UK. Alfalfa is a member of the Legume family. The Alfalfa plant has a special ability to draw extra nutrients out of soil due to its extended root system.
Alfalfa leaf can be made into a tea and used as a seasoning in food.
To make a tea:
1. Use a ratio of 2-3 tsp (2-3g) of Alfalfa leaf to 1 cup (250ml) of water.
2. Boil the water using a kettle or pot.
3. Add herbs to a teapot then add boiled water or add herbs to a pot of boiled water (heat switched off).
4. Cover and allow to sit for 5-10 mins then strain and serve. Have 2-3 cups daily.
5. You can add citrus and natural sweeteners for extra flavour, we do not recommend sugar.