Did you know?
Buchus (Agathosma betulina) are a family of plants in theRutaceae genus. Buchu is native to the South African mountains of the Western Cape. Buchu is considered a part of the San and Khoi peoples culture and is celebrated as a herbal addition to a variety of mixtures and infusions.
Buchu can be made into a tea.
To make a tea:
1. Use a ratio of 1-2 tsp (1.5-3g) of Buchu to 1 cup (250ml) of water.
2. Boil the water using a kettle or pot.
3. Add herbs to a teapot then add boiled water or add herbs to a pot of boiled water (heat switched off).
4. Cover and allow to sit for 5-10 mins then strain and serve. Have 2-3 cups daily.
5. You can add citrus and natural sweeteners for extra flavour, we do not recommend sugar.