Did you know?
All of our products are certified organic GB-04-ORG.
The Elder plant (Sambucus Nigra) which produces the Elderflower is part of the genus group Sambucus. Elderflower is native to Africa along with parts of Asia and Europe. Sambucus has more than 2 dozen identified species around the world. Although there are many varieties of the Elderflower the most common to be used grows from the Sambucus Nigra “The Elder tree” or “European elder”.
Elderflower can be made into a tea.
To make a tea:
1. Use a ratio of 2-3 tsp (2-3g) of Elderflower to 1 cup (250ml) of water.
2. Boil the water using a kettle or pot.
3. Add herbs to a teapot then add boiled water or add herbs to a pot of boiled water (heat switched off).
4. Cover and allow to sit for 5-10 mins then strain and serve. Have 2-3 cups daily.
5. You can add citrus and natural sweeteners for extra flavour, we do not recommend sugar.