Did you know?
All of our products are certified organic GB-04-ORG.
Gotu kola (Centella asiatica) is native to India, Sri Lanka, Madagascar and South Africa. It is a member of the Apiaceae family. Gotu kola is also known as Brahmi in Aryuvedic medicine and is widely used in Chinese traditions too. The Hosa and the Mfengu tribes in East Africa have used it for culinary and medicinal purposes dating backed many years.
Gotu Kola can be made into a tea.
To make a tea:
1. Use a ratio of 2-3 tsp (2-3g) of Gotu Kola to 1 cup (250ml) of water.
2. Boil the water using a kettle or pot.
3. Add herbs to a teapot then add boiled water or add herbs to a pot of boiled water (heat switched off).
4. Cover and allow to sit for 5-10 mins then strain and serve. Have 2-3 cups daily.
5. You can add citrus and natural sweeteners for extra flavour, we do not recommend sugar.