Did you know?
All of our products are certified organic GB-04-ORG.
Marigold (Calendula). Marigold is a plant in the genus Calendula of the family Asteraceae. Marigolds are native to South-western Asia, Western Europe, North Africa and the Mediterranean. There are many types of marigold throughout the world now being cultivated in a wide variety of colours, loved by gardeners for its captivating appearance, the flower heads are edible and are usually added to salads. Marigold also has a rich history of traditional use as a medicinal herb.
Marigold can be made into a tea and used as a seasoning on food.
To make a tea:
1. Use a ratio of 2-3 tsp (2-3g) of Marigold to 1 cup (250ml) of water.
2. Boil the water using a kettle or pot.
3. Add herbs to a teapot then add boiled water or add herbs to a pot of boiled water (heat switched off).
4. Cover and allow to sit for 5-10 mins then strain and serve. Have 2-3 cups daily.
5. You can add citrus and natural sweeteners for extra flavour, we do not recommend sugar.