Did you know?
All of our products are certified organic GB-04-ORG.
Plantain (Plantago major). Plantain is a perennial plant belonging to the Plantaginaceae family. Although it shares its name with the popular cooking banana known mostly from Caribbean cuisine it has no association with it and is not a fruit but a plant. Plantain is native to parts of Asia and Europe but is now grow all over the world.
Plantain can be made into a tea and used as a seasoning on food.
To make a tea:
1. Use a ratio of 2-3 tsp (2-3g) of Plantain to 1 cup (250ml) of water.
2. Boil the water using a kettle or pot.
3. Add herbs to a teapot then add boiled water or add herbs to a pot of boiled water (heat switched off).
4. Cover and allow to sit for 5-10 mins then strain and serve. Have 2-3 cups daily.
5. You can add citrus and natural sweeteners for extra flavour, we do not recommend sugar.