Did you Know
All of our products are certified organic GB-04-ORG.
Teff grain (Eragrostis tef) the mighty seed native to the Ethiopia and Eritrea regions of East Africa. The name Teff is derived from the Amharic word "Teffa", which means "lost", due to it being one of the smallest grains used on earth. Teff grain was one of the first plants to be domesticated by human beings. Teff is a delicious source of dietary fibre which helps us manage blood sugar, weight and colon health.
Cook Teff grain and use it as a breakfast porridge or rice alternative.
It can also be sprouted and added to salads or raw dishes.
To sprout just soak for 1-2 days until the sprouts show.
1. Rinse before use. Use a ratio of 1 cup (193g) of Teff grain to 2 ½ cups (625 ml) of water.
2. Add Teff grain and water to a pot. To make a porridge add an extra ½ cup (125 ml) of water.
3. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover then leave to simmer for 15-20 mins.
4. As a breakfast porridge, try adding Maca powder (Plain, Red or black), dried/fresh fruit, nuts and seeds.
5. As a rice alternative try adding herbs and sea salt for extra flavour.
Energy kcals 350
Energy kj 1478
Total Fat 2.9g
Of which saturates 0.7g
Of which sugars 1.4g