Fun fact: Sodium along with potassium balance fluids in the body, preventing it from dehydration.
• Sodium supports the correct balance of extracellular fluids (fluids outside of cells) and tissue in the body.
• Supports a normal heartbeat, gives body tissues endurance.
• It helps to regulate the transfer of nutrients in every cell.
• Sodium plays a key role in the mechanism of muscle contraction.
• Working with calcium, magnesium and potassium, sodium helps to regulate the acid-alkaline balance in the body.
• Plays an important part in blood pressure regulation.
Sodium is a macro-nutrient.
Or-ways products that contain Sodium
Click links to go the product page.
% used are based on 19+ year old requirments
mg = milligrams
mcg = micrograms
All herbs on the list contain small amounts of Sodium, other sources are needed to reach your daily intake goal.
Dill (Available soon)
Nettles (Available soon).
Chia seeds (100g = 16mg 1% RNI)
Hemp seeds (100g = 248mg 4% RNI)
Black Sesame seeds (100g = 30mg 5% RNI)
White Sesame seeds (100g = 11mg 0% RNI)
Other good sources of Sodium
Artichokes, Celeriac, Beets, Turnips, Celery, Chard, Sweet potatoes, Spinach.